OVERVIEW OF THE BUSINESS OPERATION
Thanachart Capital Public Company Limited ("the Company") is the parent company of Thanachart Financial Conglomerate. The companies under Thanachart Financial Conglomerate are classified by their types of business into two groups; (1) financial business group, consisting of commercial banking business, asset management business, securities business, insurance business, hire purchase business, and leasing business and (2) supporting business group consisting of brokerage business, service business, and training business which Thanachart Bank Public Company Limited ("TBANK") is the main operating business. The Conglomerate could be considered a fully integrated financial business group whose businesses and operations are clearly separated and supporting the operation of each other. In regards to the distribution channels, member companies of the Group make use of the branch network and service outlets of TBANK as channels for offering their respective financial services. The details of the business operations of each company are as follows:
Companies of Thanachart Financial Conglomerate
A) Companies in Financial Business Group
- 1. Thanachart Capital Public Company Limited ("the Company") operates as the holding company and thus is the parent company of Thanachart Financial Conglomerate.
- 2. Thanachart Bank Public Company Limited ("TBANK") operates commercial banking business and other businesses permitted by Bank of Thailand ("BOT"), such as selling life and non-life insurance products, securities broker, underwriting, and repurchasing of unit trusts.
- 3. Thanachart Securities Public Company Limited ("TNS") operates securities businesses including securities brokerage, securities analysis service, proprietary trading, securities borrowing and lending, investment advisory service, seeking and innovating new financial instruments both domestically and internationally in order to satisfy the various needs of the customers. Furthermore, TNS is engaged in promoting and informing about mutual funds of various fund management companies that TNS represents, financial advisory service, underwriter, broker of debt and equity securities, as well as securities registrar.
- 4. Thanachart Fund Management Company Limited ("TFUND") is a joint venture between TBANK (holding 75 percent of the total shares) and Government Savings Bank (holding 25 percent) operating mutual fund, private fund, provident fund management businesses, and investment advisory business.
- 5. Thanachart Insurance Public Company Limited ("TNI") provides non-life insurance services including fire insurance, automobile insurance, marine and transportation insurance, and miscellaneous insurance.
- 6. Siam City Life Assurance Public Company Limited ("SCILIFE") operates life insurance services including ordinary life insurance and group life insurance which are financial security and provide life and health protection. The service is offered to individual, institution clients, and general organizations.
- 7. Thanachart Group Leasing Company Limited ("TGL") operates hire purchase business by only maintaining its existing portfolio.
- 8. Ratchthani Leasing Public Company Limited ("THANI") operates hire purchase business for both new and used car with an expertise in specific types of automobile such as trucks (6-wheeler and 10-wheeler) for individual and juristic person for commercial use. Furthermore, it provides hire purchase service for truck, pick-up car, taxi, and big bike. Providing lending service to very specific types of vehicle, additionally from the main lending service, such as crane, fork lift, motorcycle, excavator and etc., requires a unique expertise in value appraisal of both new and used vehicles.
- 9. NFS Asset Management Company Limited ("NFS AMC") was granted a license to operate distressed asset management business. It buys or takes transfers of non-performing loans from financial institutions of Thanachart Group and other financial institutions.
- 10. MAX Asset Management Company Limited ("MAX AMC") was granted a license to operate distressed asset management business. It buys or takes transfers of non-performing loans from other financial institutions.
- 11. TS Asset Management Company Limited ("TS AMC") was granted a license to operate distressed asset management business. It took transfers of non-performing loans from SCIB and TBANK.
- 12. National Leasing Company Limited ("NL") operates asset leasing business but not with the outside third party.
B) Companies in Supporting Business Group
- 1. Thanachart Management and Services Company Limited ("TMS") gives staffing support services in the form of service staff.
- 2. Thanachart Training and Development Company Limited ("TTD") organizes training activities for employees of member companies of Thanachart Group.
- 3. Thanachart Broker Company Limited ("TBROKE") operates life and non-life insurance broker business, providing recommendation and promoting life and non-life insurance products of insurance companies within and outside Thanachart Group for customers of Thanachart Group and general public. Furthermore, it is engaged in other businesses related to life and non-life insurance business.
- 4. SCIB Service Company Limited ("SSV") offers service business to Thanachart Group. The services include cleaning service, security service, messenger service, etc.